Principal's Corner - September 8, 2023
As shared in an earlier additional, the Preliminary School Aptitude/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT) will be offered FREE OF CHARGE at Lakota East Main Campus on Tuesday, October 17th. This test provides great feedback on college readiness along with providing insight into tools that will help them improve. While freshmen can take the test, the PSAT is generally geared toward sophomores and juniors with all juniors being entered into the highly prestigious and competitive National Merit competition.
October 17 is the only date on which students can take this test, and the deadline for registration is TODAY - Friday, September 8th. Here is the link to the registration form: LEHS PSAT Registration 2023
- PSAT assessment serves as a practice SAT, one of the two major college readiness tests used in our country.
- ASVAB will be administered on November 2 at 8:10am at Lakota East.
Don't miss the first of three Senior Solstice programs for the year, on Thursday, Sept. 14, from 8-9 am, in the LEHS gym.
- Enjoy donuts and drinks with your friends
- Learn about the training of our sweet, Circle Tail therapy dogs and have a chance to cuddle one!
- Win a cool raffle with prizes of Starbucks gift cards, "Get Air" jump time, and a one-hour Discovery Flight from Blue Sky Flight Training!
- Stay in-the-know with senior-specific info. from Mr. Burnside
We hope to see you for this hour of fun with friends presented by LEHS PTSO!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Sign up for our first Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday, September 21. We shared with our students that these are scheduled just before the annual Homecoming events this year! Conferences will be in-person, and we are building some additional pieces of this evening that may make this night an even more powerful way for us to support our students and families.
Ticket sales continue for two more weeks - closing on Friday, September 22.. For students bringing guests, they will need to turn in a guest form in order to get a code to purchase a guest ticket. These forms are available in all offices. All guest forms must be turned in by the end of the day Thursday as we need to be able to verify information with guests from other schools and cannot do so at the final moment.
Vision and Hearing Screening
Vision and hearing screening will take place on Tuesday, October 3rd. Juniors will be pulled from their English classes.
Have a great weekend,
Lakota East High School Principal